Monday, April 21, 2008

SOY


This morning I had a meeting with Leslie from SOY at the Sherbourne Health Centre. Leslie runs the mentoring program and the Monday night drop-in for homeless and insecurely housed queer and trans youth.  I interviewed Leslie and it went so well. She was extremely informative and taught me a lot.  SOY offers a lot of really great programs; I wish I would have known about them when I came out. 
We spoke about getting resources to youth and about homophobia and transphobia occurring in organizations in Toronto. 
It was a very helpful meeting.
My next meeting is set up for Wednesday at Covenant House. And I've received 2 more calls for interviews...all males...I am really hoping some women will participate in my study.
And so for now I have to catch up on my transcribing!

No comments: