Wednesday, April 16, 2008

this day


Today I had my first three interviews. The first interview was one hour and forty minutes and the other two were about twenty minutes. All the conversations were so informative. So many words. So many feelings. So much. Ideas and exchanges. All three..so different from one another. I felt really nervous at first, but it quickly wore off as soon as the first interview started. I found myself comfortable, curious, and open. Today taught me a lot. There was something so real in this day that has left me sore in the bones and tired. Memories that I buried deep inside of myself came creeping back and there was a sadness at times, but the sadness was also an understanding. And I have so much to say about this day....but not the words....yet.

On Monday I will be meeting with Bev Lepischak at Sherbourne Health (SOY) for an interview about SOY. I also heard back from Covenant House and they have agreed to meet with me, give me a tour, and answer my questions. I think it will be interesting to hear the perspective of both youth who have accessed services and the people who work at the services.

I am pleased with the beginning of this project...and I have a lot of things to think about from this day...


No comments: